Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

[QUOTE=BSquared+;26358480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Don’t be playing with buttons while you’re driving
Don’t take your hands off the wheel. Just press a button on the wheel and speak the command. I do it all the time, “change the temperature to 68º”. It’s not really that hard.

Keep your hands on the wheel, use your voice. Certain things are of course easier with fingers/thumbs, like changing the volume. That’s what steering wheel buttons are for.

Well exactly. You shouldn’t have to be fooling with 10 buttons every time you take a trip to the grocery store. Fingerprints are taken care of with the proper screen/shield.

Good comment. I do use the voice commands a lot but there are some things that you can't do with voice commands.

Using the voice command is much better in the newer BMW's but it's still a PITA for everyone else in the car to have to shutup while you try to use it.

AFAIC, if BMW wants to get rid of buttons, I think the best compromise would be to enhance those buttons on the steering wheel and expand the HUD display to replace the touchscreen completely. Now THAT I could go with.!!
Appreciate 0