Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
You can use a tuning knob without looking.
And I can say "tune to 102.5 FM" without ever taking my hands off the wheel.

Two upcoming scenarios that you cannot avoid, so best that everyone come to terms with it:

1) Touch screen/voice as a primary input for interacting with your car. In 5-10 years it will be hard to find a premium car with anything more than just a few traditional buttons. You can already see the newest/upcoming models from MB, Audi, and now BMW evolving towards this.

2) Self-driving will be the enablement tool if you just can't bear to to try to aim for something on a touch screen without crashing your car.
I've used both the BMW assistant and have the MBUX assistant in the wife's GLC. Both are pretty s*** if you ask me. I find it easier to just do things with the control wheel or physical controls. Just because the industry is moving towards touchscreens doesn't mean I have to support it.
✊🏻 Peach..

I speak clear English but regardless, voice command, for me, is a hit or miss, most of the time.

The current tech has improved much but It's just more of a novelty, as I could never get used to depending on it.

I just gave away a brand new Google Home, that was gifted to me because it's just not my thing.. :

I much prefer tactile feel of "old school" buttons but you have to careful when declaring that basic human communicative need because now, it makes you sound like a old timer..
Appreciate 0