Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
You can use a tuning knob without looking.
And I can say "tune to 102.5 FM" without ever taking my hands off the wheel.

Two upcoming scenarios that you cannot avoid, so best that everyone come to terms with it:

1) Touch screen/voice as a primary input for interacting with your car. In 5-10 years it will be hard to find a premium car with anything more than just a few traditional buttons. You can already see the newest/upcoming models from MB, Audi, and now BMW evolving towards this.

2) Self-driving will be the enablement tool if you just can't bear to to try to aim for something on a touch screen without crashing your car.
I've used both the BMW assistant and have the MBUX assistant in the wife's GLC. Both are pretty s*** if you ask me. I find it easier to just do things with the control wheel or physical controls. Just because the industry is moving towards touchscreens doesn't mean I have to support it.
✊🏻 Peach..

I speak clear English but regardless, voice command, for me, is a hit or miss, most of the time.

The current tech has improved much but It's just more of a novelty, as I could never get used to depending on it.

I just gave away a brand new Google Home, that was gifted to me because it's just not my thing.. :

I much prefer tactile feel of "old school" buttons but you have to careful when declaring that basic human communicative need because now, it makes you sound like a old timer..
Yep, and the keywords are stupid being the brand name. My wife picked up her friend and when her friend sat inside she complimented the car and said "nice new Mercedes" and immediately you here the stupid MBUX assistant say "How can I help you?"

They are way too trigger happy with the keyword, and as a car enthusiast, whenever I have friends in the car and we discuss something regarding cars or BMW or Mercedes you have to avoid saying the brand name.