View Single Post
      06-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #67
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Seen and driven the G70 3.3T. Not as impressed as you were. Found the interior to be a bit ran of the mill and the dashboard reeks Hyundai Sonata right down to the infotainment system. Decent car but probably a far better buy used after the first year depreciation (35-40%) has hit the first owner.

Good effort. I am sure the next gen will be far better. The G70 still six years behind the G20.

And for me a sedan has to offer decent back seat accommodations. With 2 very tall kids is a must.

Close but no cigar. I would take a G20 M340i over the G70 3.3T twice daily and four times on Sunday
Well it's not fair to compare the current gen G70 to the new G20. It is a complete generation apart. Now once you compare it with the new design language seen in the G80, that's a much better comparison and also a massive leap in quality and design.

I spent some time in the G90, which in a sense is still behind the new G80 in design so I can get a feel of the materials. In that case, it was on par if not better than what BMW offered.