x5mannn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
It's almost as if they should take a small subsets of cars, let's say 100, and find the average problems from each of those subsets
It really is amazing how few people really understand or choose to ignore how the ratings are tabulated. It always boils down to people being skeptical about any result that doesn't fall in line with their own preconceived notions generated from internet hearsay or anecdote. The reality is that these ratings are as reliable a measuring stick as we have.
True
I had J D Power call me after three days of ownership. I had not even driven the car as it was delivered to me and put in my garage and I went on a business trip. I told them that right off and they said ok it will only take 5 minutes and they tried to ask me 75 questions. Like how did I like the infotainment, how was the paint, did I have rattles , how did I feel about the seats, how were the colors. I told them look I didn't drive it , I didn't play with it , I am not answering your questions. The interviewer didn't care , kept asking away.
It's like it doesn't matter if you drive or use the car , it's only how you feel about it new. I don't know which rating that was but I would not believe anything they say.
This would definitely hurt those manufacturers whose infotainment have large learning curves like the euro manufacturers.
Appreciate 0