Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
It's hilarious me that MB is STILL below industry average. It's been like that for over a decade now.
A year ago, without knowing MB too much, I would have been very surprised and said no way MB can be this unreliable. However, since then, through thorough research, I have realized MB to be terrible. Also car rattles apparently seem to be included in every car. Not to mention limiting their extended warranties are in terms of actually paying out as designed.

Previously wanted a GLC AMG. Glad I came to my senses and was off that bandwagon.
Mid 2000's MB's IMO were far more reliable than they are now. I wouldn't trust MB now for the same reasons you stated.

What was surprising to me was that in the mid 2000's, JD reports still ranked them pretty much where they are right now. Nothing changed lol.
My family's W203 and W204 C Class's were huge pieces garbage - rattles, electric issues, poor seals and gaskets. Those 2 experiences alone are why Mercedes would have to have a product that was leaps ahead of the competition for me or my family to even consider them again. Our BMWs at that time had their issues (relatively minor) but none to the degree to what I experienced with Mercedes.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50