Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Interesting. I have a c230 beater that got 360,000 miles out of the original motor before I needed a replacement (...and I could have just replaced the bad lifters instead, but decided on a new motor). That's pretty damn reliable if you ask me.
I wonder if the powertrains in the current A-Class are built and designed with that kind of reliability in mind?

I feel the A-Class today is the closest thing to what the C230 Kompressor was back in the day.
Probably not, although the 3.0L V6 their phasing out seems pretty bulletproof, but for 4-cylinders not too sure. A lot of experimentation is happening at MB/AMG from mild-hybrids, to electric superchargers and high output 4-cylinders. While cool and very interesting likely will require high maintenance down the line, which is why I lease mine as long term reliability of the new engines is a question mark at the moment. Most cars now a day seem to be designed for the 36-month lease more than anything. As for the A-Class as a whole, the quality of the car is terrible, mainly due to the specific plant that its built at (the Compas Nissan Daimler Plant in Mexico). That car especially similar to a 2GC or 320i is built as a lease machine for new customers with cost-cutting in mind.

Only companies that really seem to really design cars in mind that can run over 200k miles seems to be Toyota, but that's more because they are also using older that has been proven rather than experimenting and spending money building, or using new technology, only recently have they started to adopt to the idea of turbo engines in their cars.
My wife has had a 2016 C450 AMG (W205) with the 3.0l V6 for 5 years and about 48k on the clock and not one issue yet (knock on metal). Great car so far.
Attached Images

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00