View Single Post
      01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #422
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Ohio State had a definite issue with receivers this year and that reflected in QB performance. I don't think you can say that about Alabama. I may turn out to be wrong on Hurts, but I just don't think he'll be in that very top tier of college QB's (and neither were Simms nor Coker ... but AJ probably was). He reminds me a bit of Tommy Armstrong, but not quite as good (by the way, I think Cornhuskers will be very interesting next year as Riley/Langsdorf will have a pro-style QB at the helm for the first time at Nebraska and will be able to run the kind of offence they ran with the Beavers instead of being out of their preferred element to cater to Armstrong's abilities... ).
...the biggest difference is that Riley will have better talent than he had at Oregon State. He only had 1 year where all the talent pooled together in 2006.

It was impressive that he turn in 4 9+ win seasons with the lack of talent he had there. wow.

I don't know, I just don't see him turning the corner for Nebraska. He'll get 9 wins at Nebraska on talent alone. But they just aren't recruiting on the same level as Ohio State and Michigan, and you gotta beat at least one of these two teams to get to 10+ wins consistently.