View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #139
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Yes they were options from the factory. BMW NA has many of it's own packages which are not necessarily the same as other countries.
yes packeages, but those packeages are usually a collection of option numbers.
Most countries/importers make these action packed models. For instance where I live a (prefacelift) z4 3.0is, 2.5is etc has been sold. But thats just a z4 with leather, parking sensors chromeline interior and some other goodies.
You can buy the exact same trim level in any other country if you tick the options. Theyre not options that are bespoke for that country.
The only thing not tickeable was the letter s on the badge; I dont know if that was fitted at the factory or that the importer fitted that (my guess is the last)
Usually the parts themselves (optional parts that is, mechanical parts is different mostly due to regulations) can be ticked in any country.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0