09-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #89
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The dates are not that firm, but something resembling that will be the case, yes. Your reveal timeframe, at least, is probably correct, and it will indeed most probably be called MY2022. However, the timeline for actual availability could be a few months sooner than "summer". My recollection for the last generation (which was on the same relative timeline, seven years ago) is that deliveries started late that spring for the US. I believe some regions began even sooner, with one M3 buyer in the Middle East taking delivery in mid-March if memory serves.

Furthermore, although I am not betting on this, it is still possible that we see record turnaround time between the 4 Series and M3/M4. I notice that ynguldyn recently revised the end production dates for the F33 and F83 convertibles to August (from their previous October date, which is also when the E93 convertibles ended). That could (I stress *could*) be an indication that they are tightening things up in general with these products, and want to have everything G2x/G8x rolling out of the factories before the end of 2020. This would not only enable very early 2021 M3/M4 deliveries, but it could mean that they sneak in a model year 2021 for the US rather than starting with an early release model year 2022 (for what that's worth, if anyone cares or is keeping score).
I think the thing bmw should be (maybe is finally in a small way?) thinking about is they built their repeat purchase sales base in the USA on a 3 year lease cycle. Dragging M3 launch along with the M4 creates a large gap for those looking to upgrade to M3 or replace current M3 who got into a new bmw from mid 2017 through 2018 without an M3 available.
Appreciate 3
JTO245227.00
Powerslide1095.00
mkoesel7505.50