View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Please report to your Service Dept the now-confirmed remote seat heating software bug

Making this new thread to increase visibility and garner support for reporting the (now fully confirmed) passenger-side-only remote seat heating issue on the US-spec G20. With all the BS in the other thread (partially guilty myself) I assume a lot of people have tuned it out by now.

Per the original thread we now know that US-delivered G20 running 11.2019.40 (or any previous build) will only heat the front passenger seat during remote start/climatization. The driver seat does not pre-heat remotely, regardless of your settings within iDrive. (None of this applies to 330e, possibly does not apply to any models outside of US.) If you’d like to see your driver seat preheat during remote start, please log this issue with your service department the next time you have the opportunity. Boosting the number of reports on this issue is the only way we are likely to see a software fix for it.

The previous thread was jammed up with a lot of useless noise, so let's keep this one clean with reports you’ve made to BMW on the issue, and any feedback you’ve received? If you’re confused, have questions, or want to share further insight about how the remote climatization is behaving, please keep it in the other thread. It will make this one a lot more useful and pleasant to follow. TIA.

Last edited by 2020g20; 01-24-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0