01-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #13
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
I now have 1,400 miles of seat time in my first seven weeks of ownership, so I thought I would give an owner’s perspective of the new M440iX. Biased? Of course, I am. I do have a few dislikes, but overall, I love my new G22.
Very nicely written, very glad you are enjoying your car!

I have to make one important statement on style...

Ultimately a car is an expression of ourselves, and no justification is warranted or required to outsiders. We choose to share the details of our cars and drives with our closest friends and associates and it's important to respect that.

I'm personally guilty of dismissing the 4 based on looks before I saw it in person, and while that experience didn't change my opinion much, I nevertheless urge everyone who finds these cars either amazingly fresh or astonishingly repulsive to see one in person. Being a sedan guy, I was pleasantly surprised at the flow from the rear taillights over the rear shoulder as it's much steeper than what I am used to. I also liked the dynamism from canting the grille so slightly forward in a similar matter to the classic E24 shark nose.

I'm also pleased to note the car drives similar to the M340i. Since you consider the car more of a GT VetteGuy , you may not benefit as much from pure summers. However, I'm going to say that if you want the car closer to the sportscar side of the fence, get them. They transform the car's abilities in sprited runs and consistently amazed me at how nice they were!

I'm also interested how communicative you feel the chassis is, I've mentioned a few times I can feel the road through the M340i's chassis rather than the wheel, is it similar in the M440xi?

I totally agree on all your interior comments, this is simply put the one of the nicest interiors on design I have personally experienced. Yes, some materials could be better but it absolutely nails a modern interpretation of classic Germanic simplicity!

Last comment, Arctic Race Blue is gorgeous! Thanks for the pics!
Appreciate 3
Jason40807.00
EXE462100.00
clee1982797.50