Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscam95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rux View Post
Awesome Video.

The M440i is completely shrugged off by some due to the grille, so called muted lines and curb weight. They are not seeing how well the car performs vs previous models. Sprint mode for example is crazy in the 21 M440i. I have heard only 1 reviewer even mention it.

I absolutely love this car for what it is purpose driven to be: A GT car I can daily drive which loads of power if I want or refined comfort if I need it.

Can you imagine how fast an xDrive M4 will be?

People can like what they want but those who are shrugging it off are really missing out.
I'm sorry but this is just giving the appearance far too much of an excuse and dismissing the importance of needing to actually have a car you want to turn around and look back at proudly when you walk away each day.

People keep trying to act like our criticism for it's appearance is solely subjective and that we're just too conservative to accept change, but quite frankly this design is OBJECTIVELY bad.

When you have professional automotive designers, to include former BMW cadre, disgusted by it's looks and overall design inconsistencies, it says something. It says that this isn't subjective, it's objectively bad design.

In my personal opinion, buying this, the new M3/M4, or the iX is telling BMW you're okay with this current head designer destroying the brand's historic identity for "edgy" vehicles that lack any positive visual personality. I could LOVE how it drives, but I will not give BMW a sale metric that's in any way supportive of these... things. These are not the same as Bangle's controversial designs, they're modern day Pontiac Aztecs. Bangle's criticism was subjective, because objectively the designs had meaning, purpose, and consistency.

Out of curiousity for the average consumer's opinion, I recently asked a friend who has no strong interest in cars (other than her occasionally finding certain cars "cute" or "pretty") what they thought of the design, and the immediate thing they said to me was "Ew, it looks like an Angry Bird pig." That's what BMW has created to the average person, Angry Bird pigs..

Just as Matt Farah from the Smoking Tire said in his review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MD_900Nxg

"It's a heinous looking car...Just how it looks would keep me out of it. This thing could be the best driving car in the world, but no thank you."
ok