Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryivnx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryivnx View Post
Can anyone share long term impressions on stage 2 MP tune?
Any issues?
**disclaimer I have been tuned by Burger, Dinan, and AA in the past and they are all great. However after so so many BMWs and cars in general (including lifted suburban's, muscle cars and trucks) at 48 – I am presently an MP fanguy** I'm not taking anything away from any other tuner – hats off to all of them!

I have run the MP Stage 2 on my 2017 340 for about 2 years and 20k miles. And I look forward to transferring my tune to my M340 when I can get my hands on a 2021 (or maybe a 2020 if I can find what I want)

I have beat the poop out of my car in BCCA AutoX events and canyon runs with a local BMW SoCal car club – I am not kind to my car - the car has never skipped a beat and just keeps asking for more. Keep in mind Toyota USA chose Mission Performance to tune their Supra (just mention that to explain how good Alex is)

In California we only have access to 91 and I typically run a little E85 in my tank to get the octane up a bit, it's local to me and it's easy – and the car is just ridiculously good – like your stock car but on steroids. And if I don't want to bother with E85 (kids soccer weekends – leaving me in an area without e85) I just dump 91 in the tank and away I go. Tune doesn't care – however I wouldn't AutoX or go all out with a stage 2 tune and 91 octane – just my 2-cents

All that aside – call Alex (yes he answers the phone and talks to his customers) he will answer all your questions and if nothing else you'll probably make a friend – the dude (yes I'm from Cali) will impress you – that I'm sure of ��

ps- I just noticed you are in Riverside - so is Alex (well Rancho C - but close enough) ! You have a global tuner in your backyard - I would suggest you take advantage of that!
I've had MP tune on my other car (was a stage 1 on a Diesel engine) and had no issues with it for 30k miles and almost two years which is reassuring.
I'm just wondering whether stage 2 on B58 is a good idea on 91 gas and daily driving.
I don't push my car to the limits all the time and do a lot of highway cruising. I do step on it daily for fun tho.
It would be annoying to keep adding e85 all the time for stage 2 to be safe tho.
My M3 is on E85 already and although it accepts any blend, I do find it annoying driving to a specific gas station
Okay understood - you're not new to all this :-) So maybe i wasn't much help (ha)

FYI....Not sure if there is an up-charge or if its a standard offering but local friend of mine is running a MP Stage 2 that is specific to our 91 crap gas. If you give Alex a call please let us know what you find out.

ps- aren't tuned diesels fun! One of my all around most enjoyable BMWs was a 335D Msport.
Appreciate 0