View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #57
ASG99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
2016 Q50 RS400. Has been a fun car (Inject most cars with 400 hp and they become instantly more interesting), but the tech is so outdated by quite literally a decade, I needed to upgrade.

Expecting my G20 next week. When I test drove it, it was better than my Q50 in practically every aspect, and the tech just blew it out of the water.

2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Dravit Grey Metallic
19" 791M all season
Mocha Vernasca Leather
Open Pore Fine Wood Oak Grain Trim
Driving Assistance
Driving Assistance Professional
Executive Package
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Front & Rear Heated Seats
Remote Engine Start
Wireless Charging & WiFi Hotspot
Harmon Kardon surround sound system

I came from a 2016 Q50 RS also. I have had my 340i xDrive for a few months and am quite happy compared to the Q50. Like most I liked the lease and engine of the Red Sport, but tech, steering and handling left much to be desired. I will say it was good looking and I liked the seats except they weren't cooled but neither are the 340s.

The only "zonks" (as Joe Raiti would say) with the 340 are the aluminum trim that reflects sun, the aforementioned lack of cooled seats and the biggest issue, it's under tired. The standard 225 diameter tires are too narrow for a car with this much power. They have to be the narrowest tires in the class running on 19" wheels. Normally I would replace the RFs with wider AS non RF Michelin's (like I did with Q50), but it's a 24 month lease so not sure if it's worth it. Anybody replace RFs and size up from 225 equipped 340?

Overall BMW did a great job with the 340. It is fast, attractive, and lots of cool tech features.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317968.50