View Single Post
      08-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
TKSH
Rep
Drives: '23 XM & 911, '24 392 & RS7

Unhappy Second time for check engine light

Good morning. I'm a lurker, just registered this morning after a new issue came to pass yesterday, disappointingly.

The XM was always the BMW I was waiting for, that aggressive, chunky, masculine mean looking thing that (for me) BMW never seemed to have. So all of these issues are sort of heartbreaking b/c I do love the car. I was the first to buy it in my state (AZ).

-Of course I bought at full MSRP (yay now that it's discounted)
-My dealership has pulled all their inventory right now (other dealerships in the area still have them out but not mine)
-Check engine light went on AS I WAS PULLING IN to the dealership for 1200 mile service. It was some sort of cap that prevents the hybrid battery from overheating? Normally it would have taken 14 days, but my SA found one at an other dealership & got to me. So my car was there for 2 days.
-Yesterday, the light came on again. SA says bring the car in, I ask if it's safe to drive there (about 45 min), she says her shop foreman needs to remote into the car to see what's going on. I've yet to hear about that. I'm not....optimistic.

Other issues:

-The car jerks ridiculously in M2/ Sport mode from 1-2 gear, like a bucking horse. It's really embarrassing on the road.
-The ventilated seats are a joke. They do literally nothing.
-When the car is plugged in, it will be "on" in the garage sometimes randomly and it gets very very very hot & needs to then ventilate itself (SA said this is fine, ummmm ok)
-and now the check engine light for the 2nd time

I have 2100 miles on the car despite having it since April (have other cars to drive).

I was a little apprehensive to post b/c doing so made it all true. But after seeing others' issues, I'm afraid it's time to get into reality on this one.
Appreciate 2
mikerx5466.00