View Single Post
      08-08-2023, 08:09 PM   #13
TKSH
Rep
Drives: '23 XM & 911, '24 392 & RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarps2 View Post
Mine is getting swapped out for a new XM, tomorrow. Today is 19 days at the dealer I think. The moment you mention lemon, the dealer and BMWNA aren't going to work with you, IMO.

Not sure what your states law is, but PA is 30 days cumulative in the first year. I politely mentioned a few times to BMWNA and my dealer that time is running out. They were very responsive in working with me for something new. Majority of the work was done by the dealer with BMWNA just signing off on the swap.

BMWNA did offer compensation if I waited for the part I need (which would have put my in the 5-8ish week range), but they require you waiving your rights to hold them accountable for any service time prior to when it gets fixed. That was a hard pass for me.

If you think you have leverage and want to get into a new XM, just start the discussion with your service manager for a subsitution of collateral.
So saying the dreaded "L" word to them probably is tantamount to saying "I want my lawyer" in the interrogation room. I did let my SA know when I dropped off the car that I was well aware there were some pretty significant issues w/ the XM, and that my expectation was not that this was a quick fix. She was relieved by that I think, but also aware that I was aware that the scope might grow in terms of a solution. We will see. I've spent 300k with them in 10 months, and they've been amazing, so hopefully they will stay that way.

I am so glad yours is getting swapped out. I LOVE my XM, and am fine with that being swapped out (hell I will just order the label at 744 hp) but I think the distrust will remain for a bit with some of the erratic issues they're having.

AZ law is 30 days in the shop first 2 years, or I think 6x back at the dealership for the same issue?? With the first time & this time we are at 5 days, soon to grow I am sure...
Appreciate 0