First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Most of the people here are in America. American cars have the anti-dazzle feature disabled.

Paying $2100 for cooler looking DRLs seems insane to me. It's not like the adaptive LED DRLs don't look good.
Well, as I and everyone else have said you definitely want to get it coded. Also, it's not $2100, but only $1200 more and you also get gesture control and automatic low/high beams (offtopic, but you don't get automatic low/high beams with the LEDs in the US? In Germany it's a €160 option with the LEDs).

Additionally, even if you don't get it coded, the light of the low/high beams of the laser lights are brighter than the low/high beams of the normal LEDs or LEDs with cornering light. A quick look into the IIHS rating will confirm that.

I'd say it is a worthwhile investment. Also, like does it matter if the car is $49k or $50k? You don't even have a lot of options in the US anyway... (Just for comparison, my X5 has almost 50% of the base price in options on top; €83k base and as spec'd it was €117k)

Last edited by Flamingi; 06-12-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 2