View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 12:45 PM   #35
Eljefe25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i xdrive

I’m torn on this stuff. It does suck that car companies are reducing quality while every year the product gets more expensive.

At the same time, the only thing that bothers me about these changes would be the airbag cover changing from leather to plastics. It looks so cheap and gross.

The rest don’t bother me that much since I hardly interact with them.

For example when I was researching my car before I bought it this year I couldn’t believe we don’t get galvanic controls for window switches in the US for the 3 series while Canada does.

I thought it would bother me more, but after receiving the car , I hardly touch the window controls(my car is tinted), and for me it’s a non issue.

I think things you interact with a lot will piss people off. How often do you adjust your seat and touch the seat controls?

I’m sure they are betting that new users won’t miss these features since they may not be aware of them in the first place.

The plastic airbag cover one is egregious in my eyes though. Very gross.

Auto journalists need to call out and shame the companies for doing these type of things though. Remember when they wanted to charge for Apple CarPlay/ Android auto.

The shaming with that one worked, at least in the US.
Appreciate 5