Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenHaag3er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
agreed - fortunately if you look at these threads (and there's been a few like this one) you'll see it's only a handful of people that repeatedly post on the subject. It's a vocal minority IMHO :-)
I was new here and never really bothered much with enthusiast forums. I kept on seeing the same bitterness from M car fans about the M340i and it was always in one direction. Its a bit of fun to tease them now as they will keep on seeing various new videos of the M340i performing well.
For one, I'm happy to see the M340i succeed. It's a preview of what is to come with the G80. It's fine to drag race an M3/4 against the M340i and analyze the results. The key word is ANALYZE and not make unrealistic conclusions. When someone makes a blanked statement that the M340i is "faster" it's simply incomplete.

What is more accurate is: It's faster on a downhill drag from a dig on a public road. AWD has an advantage from a dig and an even bigger one on a downgrade because of the weight transfer to the front wheels. In the video posted, the M4 won easily from a roll according to the creator. The owner even came here to confirm. So the M340i is slower from a roll.

What is the truth then? The M340i is faster or slower? Well.. both depending on the race and the conditions. Same thing happened with the M235i vs M2.

What we try to do here in an enthusiast forum is provide knowledge, not spread ignorance. You cannot expect to say "the M340i is faster than the M3/4" without being corrected because it simply isn't complete. It doesn't paint an accurate picture. To react to knowledge by telling people they are butthurt or crybabies is a testament to the maturity of the one who is in the wrong, not the validity of the information. In other words, even if someone is bitter, it doesn't make them wrong. The facts speak for themselves.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
figure99123.00