View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #66
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post
If you look at the tape, when Bowman took the ball away from Kearse at the goal line, he clearly had possession of the ball when the fell back to the ground on his back (where and when he was entitled to possession) BUT because his leg was twisted back under him (in an AWFUL way obviously tearing some ligaments in his knee, which was extremely painful to him and to watch) he lost possession of the ball in the pile BUT, if he had not been injured he probably would not have lost possession and if the call had been "right" the 49ers would have gotten possession at the goal line and at worst kicked the ball away from inside the 10. Result, if there was no injury and no BAD CALL, no Seattle touchdown on that possession.

See: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0996--nfl.html

As for Iupati, his contribution to the offensive line has been very important all year and the 49ers 8 game win streak (before yesterday's game) had a lot to do with him coming back to give Kap the protection he needed in the O-line because Kap takes so much f*cking time to read the defense and to throw the ball. When he went out after getting his leg turned under him, Kap had less time to throw and the Hawks rush started to give him more problems.

The BIG difference that I noticed about Manning vs. Kap (when I watched the AFC Championship game) is that Manning ALWAYs seems to have at least 10 secs after he gets to the line to analyze the defense and shout out his audibles (many of which are just nonsense) and he ALWAYS has at least 6 secs before he goes in to the actual count to hike the ball. Kap NEVER has that much time to assess the defense and, if he's changing up the play, often only has a sec or 2 before he gets the ball from the center AND often fails to pay attention to the clock and gets a delay of game penalty as a result. So, poor time management is another of his problems.

Not saying that Kap didn't make a great contribution to the 49ers generally success this year but, if he were better in defensive assessment, pass selection and time management, he would obviously be better. The 2 INTs are a case in point. The 1st one was clearly on Kap; never should have thrown that ball w/a defender clearly in front of Boldin. The 2nd one (which "lost" the game) was also on Kap; throwing into double coverage in the end zone. Yea, if Crabtree made a "great" catch, Kap and CT would have been heroes BUT he was double covered and it was only 1st down-- better to tuck the ball and run or just throw the ball away and try again on 2nd down, or 3rd or 4th.

Oh well . . . better "luck" next year.

I'm not doubting what either of those players brought to the niners this year. But i'm still waiting for that idiot who called me jackass to explain to me how these two injuries allowed the seahawks to win................

and i'd honestly be shocked if the niners dont resign boldin.
Appreciate 0