Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal79 View Post
Why paint calipers when you can buy the real M-Performance 4-wheel set?

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/catn-ol?q=34112450161
Why not paint the calipers?

They are only 374mm caliper bodies - you are paying a massive premium for the caliper to be painted and the addition of slotted / dimples brake discs.

If you are a m340i owner with the blue 374mm you are literally fitting the same brakes again with the addition of red paint & new discs.

If you are a regular G20 owner with the blue 348mm set up, there are much cheaper ways to upgrade to either 374mm or 395mm!!
If what you're saying is true, that the red M-Performance brakes are IDENTICAL to the blue brakes that came in the track handling package, then it's a huge rip-off to pay $2700 plus installation for some slotted rotors and red paint.

But are they identical or are they different? Yes, they are the same size... But do the M-Performance brakes perform better?

I'm not doubting you. I just want the facts. If same size means same performance couldn't you say the same thing about the M-Performance exhaust - it's the same size as the original exhaust so you're paying $1500 for the M-Performance logo stamped on it?
Appreciate 0