View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 12:47 AM   #5
joepimentel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
Using a plastic trim tool locate the clips that hold the trim piece in place. I started at the bottom inside clip working my way up. When I did this I got the first two on the inside loose and this also loosened the outside two. The top inside one will be the last one attached. Slowly pry away from vehicle ensuring not to damage paint/plastic. The top tab may come off clean or it may break. Didn't matter to me as I purchased the gloss black pieces. I broke one and the other stayed intact. See photo of clips and finished below.
Hey Vic. Can you help me understand exactly how you did this? I bought the same plastic tool kit that you referred previously on this thread, and tried to pry the piece away as you explained but with no luck.

Did you wedge one of the plastic tools between the actual bumper and the intake accent at the location of the clips? If so, did you pry and put pressure towards the bumper or towards the accent? I'm afraid I'm going to break something -- especially the mount that the clip clips into.

I was able to follow your guide on removing the mirror caps but I'm stuck on this one. Any additional help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0