Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Bunch of sad teatotalers here...

Yeah, I too wondered much the same as the OP, and I was having probably 12 -14 drinks a week or so. So I gave up drinking (like cold turkey, not a sip) for a month just out of curiosity to see whether I could, and whether it meant anything to me.

I honestly found it pretty easy to do so, I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed a drink or two during the month when I was having a nice dinner or something, but it didn't really impact me either. The biggest struggle initially was just remembering that I wasn't drinking anymore, once I remembered, there was no internal struggle as to whether I should or shouldn't have the drink. After a week or so, I didn't really have to remember because it was just normal course that I wasn't having anything.

But I went back to having 12 or so drinks a week after that since in my view, it didn't seem to affect me one way or another, and I enjoy it. But I do need to lose some weight, so I might give it up again for a period of time, or at least significantly cut back...we'll see, not sure yet.
Similar here - although I might be north of the 12 a week. Have 2-3 different whiskeys on an average night. It is always good to be able to step back and assess whether it is a hobby or an addiction. I know quite a few people in my whiskey groups that make it a point to have a full month dry each year.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7939.00