05-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #5
rostrata
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
In virtually every test the PS4s has shown to be the superior tire. The only exception is that they trade off a tiny bit of steering and road feel for more comfort. This was my take away having owned both on several cars. Oh and the PS4S look better (sidewall) in my opinion.
I don’t doubt that the performance data returned a particularly favorable result. But I’m also curious about the metrics and parameters behind the tests. As I mentioned in my other reply above, I abhor the idea that one should have to sacrifice road feel for “comfort.” That’s what a good suspension is for. Tires are supposed to ground the vehicle completely. It isn’t performance oriented if I’m losing that direct feedback which inhibits performance. Might also be a key reason as to why I’m not sliding everywhere now. I can feel the road again (at least in the rear) which allows for a better modulated throttle response. Which would immediately position the PSS well above the PS4S in performance. Bottom line, if I can’t feel the goddamn road, it’s meant for a Rolls Royce.
Appreciate 0