05-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #89
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Luv View Post
That's the thing. While we all understand these option deletions aren't 100% auto or electronic mfgs fault, I was also questioning why the factory won't ship with passenger side internal seat bladders. And when those chips are available again, to have dealers retrofit and activate the lumbar and bolster adjustments. The short answer is either they won't or can't.

And I totally agree with Isow's take on this whole experience. Definitely deflated(pun intended) my enthusiasm and excitement levels on my factory order on an M440i Cabriolet. Cancelled and ended up with a stock unit that the dealer happened to have. A 2nd choice nonetheless as its a coupe and not of the colour combo we ordered for on the Cabriolet. However, its complete with all the options I've wanted and been we've super happy so far with the performance and almost flawless techs with the coupe.
So you ended up with a coupe instead of a convertible, and an interior/exterior color combination that wasn't your first choice over missing bladders in your passenger seat??? That's a HUGE compromise for something you see and experience every day vs. something you-the presumed driver- doesn't see or experience at all. Like cutting your nose off to spite your face...
Appreciate 0