JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Wouldn't say I'm unhappy with it. I just don't see/hear what it's given me over and above any of the standand-fit stereos I've had in any of my previous more budget cars.
Its clear enough, but lack of defined bass without distortion, very artificial surround, basic EQs just make it all a bit disappointing. You'd never guess there were two subwoofers under the seats for example.

Considering its probably cost me an extra grand or so as an option (can't remember as was part of a pack) it's just a bit underwhelming and probably not worth the extra costs over the HiFi.

At the time of ordering, HK was on the "must-have" list. If I was to order again, it most definitely wouldn't be.

I second this. It does the job ok, but I came from an Audi with B&O sound system & the HK just does not get close at all in terms of depth and quality.

I have the Bermester system in my Porsche currently, which was £1200 and its possibly the best sound system I've had in a car. The HK cuts out sometimes too ( very common issue on the forums). I am the same as Will it was a must at point of ordered, but I wouldn't bother if ordering it again. Cant remember how much the HK was as it was in a pack, but I am very surprised BMW label it as a premium system- It certainly is not.
Appreciate 0