View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
Boosted6
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 Skyscraper

Logos Engineering Motorworks 200 Cell catted downpipe (Review & pics)

I have a neighbor a few houses down who has a z4 and we talk performance since we share the b58 engine. One day I noticed his z4 sounded a bit meaner, louder and sexier as he drove by, more than usual. I chatted him up one day and he said he installed a catted downpipe from logos engineering motorworks. Never heard of them so decided to follow up. Seems like they make stuff for other labels but are rolling out product under their own brand, Since I got jealous of my neighbor…I decided to take the plunge :-P Below is my review, and yes I understand a lot of folks want sound clips and drive bys and rev’s, etc. but I really don’t use the net like that,so don’t have a you tube account to be linking and uploading videos. So I hope my description will suffice until someone uploads a video of their own.
I previously had a vrsf catless pipe on my f30 b58 and although the quality was ok, it developed a hairline leak where the flex pipe meets the main body of the DP, weld didn’t hold up?, don’t know, but went with a different brand before I sold the car. This was after 2k miles (I was tuned), and I never got used to the nasty droney rasp cat-less pipes have, along with the obvious smell. Maybe mine was a one off batch. My z4 neighbor has had his on with close to 3300 miles for him (lots of trips to his vacation property during this pandemic) and he had no issues so far (hes tuned also but forgot what he had done)

Before this, didn’t want to spend too much on a DP and I know there is a lot of cheap crap out there,
I was considering (in the catted category) fi-exhaust, Armytrix, AFE, and several other in the 4.5 category but all were nearing the 800+ mark (I understand that some have GESI cats, but other folks had the same cats and got a CEL eventually, so that didn’t matter to me).

Shipping and purchasing: very quick and efficient, product came in nicely packaged in a tidy box, paid via debit card using paypal. Steve over at logos engineering gave me updates.

Quality: triple element flex joint (oem style) was also something I was looking for, pipe measure 4.5 inches from the opening, to the middle of the barrel before it tapers down, like I mentioned ive had vrsf and these are a tad batter in overall quality overall, fit and finish is superb, everything is rock solid and the welds look like they were made by the same ethereal beings that made thors hammer!..lol. really was impressed and satisfied with the quality to price point ratio.
Backpurged welds seals the inside and that’s was I was looking for.

Sound: this is just about perfect for what I need and wanted!…really opens the exhaust system up with a smoother tone compared to cat-less (never again for me), something like this should be the first mod before someone considers a full exhaust.

CEL: I know this is the multi million dollar question…I had these put on for about 4 weeks and put a couple of hundred miles on them and no CEL. My neighbor did install one of those J-style 02 spacers as a preventive measure so I did the same after the 4 week mark…2300+ miles and no cel and sexy pops and burbles.

Pictures below of the construction. Note: In the last 2 pictures I also took a pic of the front of the catalyst and back of the catalyst (or at least the most I could through the sensor hole.)

If interested i purchased it from here:

https://www.logosengineeringmotorwor...ra-2020-z4-g29
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
seccsc239.00
VipinLJ1944.50
m340ninja274.50
Sonic RR123.00