No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
There is another sedan option on it's way. Cadillac
If it was a Wagon, I would consider it, not sure if a manual will be available, but it is kind of a beast.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...socialflowTWCD
Did you actually read the article? This "new" car is going with the same old engine of its predecessor CTS-V instead of the Blackwing V-8 people were hoping for. This is not exactly good news. It further goes on to say the upcoming CT4-V will be going with the same engine as it's predecessor ATS-V.

The old ones didn't sell, so not sure how they expect their fortunes will change by rebadging them and putting on different lipstick?
Cadillac is destined to fail, even if they used the Blackwing, sales would probably stay lackluster. While I'm disappointed that the new engines won't be coming, I will say the LT2 engine (6.2L SC V8 from the Vette) is a very nice engine and has some advantages over the Blackwing (higher redline, supercharger vs turbo, etc.), and Cadillac does have great chassis tuning, they just don't have the badge cache, design, or luxury/complete package they use to.

Cadillac's, other than the Escalade, aren't cool anymore to the general public and just lack in appeal. Even worse for Cadillac is that Lincoln is making a comeback and taking Cadillac's old position as the "Good Ol' American Luxury" manufacturer, while completely rebranding everything and going back to actual vehicle names (a strategy Cadillac will apparently adapt soon despite just changing the entire mode structure) while Cadillac uses the same strategy (although rebranded for the third time) of chasing the Germans that has been failing them for almost two decades.

Cadillac is pretty much down in the dumps in the luxury world with Infiniti, and Acura (although based on the RDX, the next TLX and MDX could make a comeback).
Appreciate 0