Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2atx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice. No matter what anyone says the engine goes or a transmission failure etc your stuck with a hefty bill just to go moderately faster, because bmw will find out and then you lost your power train warranty. If the car isn't fast enough, save time and money and get a faster car, just my opinion after some hard lessons learned.
I agree but not for 100%. I agree with this: "[COLOR="Red"]I would suggest just enjoy the car, it's plenty fast and warranty is nice[/COLOR]". Car is really awesome, fast, enjoyable. At least for first year you could have 1000% of pleasure from stock vehicle and only after one year start to [SIZE="3"]THINK[/SIZE] about Stage1, Stage2..
Yeah that's also a great perspective, but I think people are lulled into a sense of security with tunes that actually never exists. They (BMW) will find out and you will have a massive bill, was it worth it for a couple of tenths off 0-60 maybe? I think if your going to tune your car really look at the possibility of blowing 10-15k to fix your car If it all goes wrong. Now are there some people who get away with it? Maybe but a lot don't and people say get a lawyer and this and that but by the time your done you have already paid 10k. Just be prepared for the worst case scenario any time you tune a car even if mild can cause serious issues to your vehicle.
This is why I usually stick with tuners who back it up with warranty
Yeah Dinan does they haven't released a tune yet have they?
Appreciate 0