View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 07:40 AM   #72
Allerum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3C X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRoger View Post
I am glad you had a 911 gts. Yes the M3 has more power. This is where it ends. The GTS, you can beat it on the track for 2 plus hours and only limit is fuel, brakes tell you 3 laps before they are gone. M3 you get 2 laps to warm up tires, and 3 laps to fade the brakes.

M3 vs Cayenne GTS or Cayenne S Diesel, same amount of torque, same shift speeds.

It is not precise and steering is numb on the G80 which you are right. I felt no diff jumping form M3 to Cayenne. Interior maybe was a bit cooler on M3.

It's a nice car, nice show and dazzle inside. Connections are good. It's a good daily as is the GTS. Easier to get in and out of the M3.

One thing I found the GTS missing was the stiffer suspension, lower and better tires.

Now I don't want to make you feel bad or say BMW is a bad car. It's not, but it's not a Porsche. My fav was the F80 Comp and that was an awesome car aside from the way weak points of brakes.

BMW is great and I hope to get one as my winter car.
I had no brake fade for like 20 laps. I've not seen a post about the brakes fading at the track with this car.
Appreciate 1