Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I mean, they are both wonderful cars for what they do. I sold my 911 because I didn't want to deal with the compromises I had to put up with it as a daily driver...number one being the lack of passenger space and the ability to run around with kids and gear. That same reason rules out a Macan for me. Believe it or not with me being 6'2", my son being 6'5", my wife being 5'10" and my daughter almost 5'7", we don't fit in a Macan. At all. Even with my daughter behind me, I have to move up and with my son behind my wife, she has to move up to the point where she is pretty uncomfortable and my son still has his knees jammed into the seatback. Somehow, the G80 is far more comfortable for us.

All cars are compromises. Every single one. Finding the one with the attributes that best fit your wants / needs / use case with the fewest amount of drawbacks is ultimately a very personal decision. A 911 and a G81 is a extremely balanced pair. About the only thing you're missing between them somehow is a soft ride. Even the G8X is on the firmer side. But again, compromises. As long as it works for you, it's awesome.
A great summary of the comparisons. Luckily we’re smaller sized and the tallest in the immediate family is my 5’ 10” son so I can even fit some of our folk in the back of the 911 in a pinch . And the ride is an interesting point. We live in an area where the roads are pretty good. Sometimes we’re in other areas and we’re rattling around - I think if we did most of our driving there we’d have stuck to a SUV. I will say the G81 (vs F87 CS), as well as the 992 Touring have pretty good damping. It’s one of the reasons the T attracted me over the GT3.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6900.00