Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
This thing is quick
Yep. Numbers like these help put the price into perspective for all those people who think it is overpriced.
That's what my stock Evo 9 ran....$32k and 12 years ago.
ya but the Evo was a tin box no luxury. you can make any car go fast if you just want that. To make a luxury car do it with the weight and handling is a whole different ball game. The 3er does dual role while the Evo did a single role.
Point is 12.6 does not make the car worth it at 57-70k or more. And luxury cars are not offered with sensatec seats.
if you don't consider a 3er entry level luxury sport sedan than you must be a sheik. To most I think it falls into this category sensatac or not. I don't think any BMW in Canada or US come with Sensatac anyways. I think Dakota leather is standard.
Also it's plenty of technologies that come into play why "Luxury cars" are priced as such. Even though the engine does play a part, that's not the only contributing factor.
Exactly. Look at a Bentley or Rolls and they aren't any faster. That is my point when the other guy was comparing his old EVO to the 3er just on speed. Heck just get a used civic and pop an engine in it. It will outrun lambos.
The 3er is the standard in its class for a reason. while the competition is real close BMW is still on top just by a bit. This coming from an Audi guy and MB guy. This is only my 2nd BMW and I am starting to see the reason why it is still on top.
I'm not saying there the same, just the qtr time. But someone was saying the the qtr time justifies the price tag, to me it just doesn't. Honestly, I'd think it be faster based on the AWD and stated hp/tq figures. Must be a heavy girl.
Appreciate 0