View Single Post
      08-17-2020, 04:47 AM   #21
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Looks good - but to clear up any confusion...

All G2x cars that come with the M Sport braking system come with the 4 pot blue Brembo as shown in the OP's comparison photo - this is the smallest of all the G series 4 pot calipers and uses 348mm discs. They will also have the 345mm rear calipers.

The only exception to the rule, as has been mentioned, is the M340i - which if optioned with the track handling pack - gets upgraded to the bigger blue 4 pots which use a 374mm disc. Again, the rears are 345mm and are not upgraded vs the other G2x cars with M Sport brakes. M340i cars that didn't have the track pack selected get the 348mm fronts as default.

Therefore, if you are a M340i owner with the track package and then fit the M Performance brakes to your car, you are literally removing the identical braking system that you would be replacing it with - the only difference being red paint and dimpled / slotted discs.

If you are a regular G2x owner and opt to fit these to a car that already has the 348mm front and 345mm rear - then you are upgrading the front only, as the rears remain the same size.

The cheaper option is to source blue or even better the grey 374mm brake calipers on ebay etc and then buy the 4 x M Perf discs - then custom paint the 4 calipers!
Appreciate 4