View Single Post
      07-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #1796
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
No more 3GT, 230i seems to be the only planned model of G42 at this time, couple other little bits.

With the cancellation of G24, I'm really curious to hear Scott's new explanation of the absence of G21 in the U.S.
It seems in the US both 3er GT and Touring are completely outmatched in sales by the X3. With X3 outperforming both combined.

Certainly the choices of X3 will be increased in the US market especially in the EV category with the full EV iX3 and hybrid X3 iPerformance. And of course the High Performance X3M.
Still no US production identified for G21 (as of now)

With the GT originally it was to be combined 5er GT style as the 4er GT, however a new Gran Coupe has taken precedent what with the new 8 forming a path for a smaller series model reflecting the larger 8 series family. The styling direction certainly of the 4er Coupe will equal a very dynamic styled offering in the Gran Coupe that they are discussing the possibility of the first M4 Gran Coupe.

Then we have the production model of the Visioni Dynamics to be known as the i4. Again with GT and 4er Gran Coupe it would be somewhat crowded.

This makes sense as the M5 and M8 are completely distinguished from each other that no one can state M8 is just an M5 Coupe as they did with the M6.
To do so would offer distinct space for M3 vs M4.

Of course we have to consider the progress and we will see further implementation of the core,progress and escalation of an M series.

Whilst some models will offer less progress than others due to their particular series. What we will see which is actually marketing genius as shown in M2 and M5 Competition. Is for the model to become additional therefore increasing the margin and offering another additional supplemental model or models.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 07-29-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00