Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
BMW is under no illusion that this is a good thing. A corporate entity does not generally want to lose customers because it usually means losing money. BMW is, in fact, preparing a whole host of new EV products over the next few years precisely because they are keenly aware that if they do not, they will eventually become uncompetitive and could face elimination.
I meant it may be a good thing for us enthusiasts as this could be a wake up call for BMW. There's nothing in the current BMW line up that appeals to me. Other than the M2, everything else in the line up is fat and bloated. To make things worst, BMW has been hit with the ugly stick as of late.

I am not an EV hater...I just don't like Tesla and their way of doing business. Just like Apple, it's a closed system - it's probably OK for a thousand dollar throwaway phone, but not OK for a multi-thousand dollar car. You have NO options to get it service outside of Tesla. If you can't modify it, what's the fun in owning it as an enthusiast car? Even for a daily driver, if I can't tinker with it, I have not much interest in owning one.
Appreciate 1
No Boost4019.00