Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
That's a hideous example of a company failing to understand its customer base.

BMW has done tons of innovation over the years but they are always behind the curve in technology. Maybe instead of playing catch-up on a played out design (big ugly grills) they should think about why my Son's 25k Subaru has more technology in it than my 60k BMW. Audi seems to keep up just fine. Why not BMW?
...Or....a reflection of a company that fully understands its customer base. WE, as an enthusiast forum, are not representative of the base as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
That's a hideous example of a company failing to understand its customer base.

BMW has done tons of innovation over the years but they are always behind the curve in technology. Maybe instead of playing catch-up on a played out design (big ugly grills) they should think about why my Son's 25k Subaru has more technology in it than my 60k BMW. Audi seems to keep up just fine. Why not BMW?
...Or....a reflection of a company that fully understands its customer base. WE, as an enthusiast forum, are not representative of the base as a whole.
I dunno, there are a pretty broad range of age groups represented here. I mentioned the grill thing to my local sales rep and she basically said, very few people like it, most hate it. But, BMW isn't going to let go of it. They seem to think it's going to sell. To whom? I have no idea. Maybe they are looking to broaden their market share by attracting atypical buyers. Personally, I'll jump brands before they see me in one of those "artistic" boondoggles.
That is true in the demographic sense, but you've got to think globally. BMW's statisticians, bean counters, designers, market analysts, etc. all see the back side of this. We're merely front end consumers, and very few BMW owners I come across - outside of a focused car event - have even heard of Bimmerpost. I met a young guy named Gianni in downtown San Diego on Saturday with a Lime Rock Gray ///M4CS. He was admiring my Nardo car and appreciating the differences/similarities in paint, options, etc. I asked him what his username was on Bimmerpost, as I assumed he was in a demographic that would surely be aware of BMW's Rennlist. He replied, "What's Bimmerpost?!" I invited him to join the forum and gave him a rundown. I truly hope he joins. That experienced echoes nearly every experience that I've had dealing with BMW drivers that I've pulled over. Majority in my experience are not familiar with this site. My point is that the internet crowd may not be as significant as you think in the grand scheme of things.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50