View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #153
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

Too many people have obviously not driven a Performance Model 3.

Driving the Model 3P for 3 months now and I absolutely dread driving the X3M Comp (bit of an exaggeration but you get the point). The S58 feels like a dog in comparison and the major turbo lag kills any fun you can have with it on the street. It felt quick at first, but now in comparison to zero lag and instant torque it's actually quite annoying to drive. TBH, I'd much rather have the S55 with the instant low down torque vs this S58.

The paint and body panel issues are very minor (but present) and don't bother me one bit. Once you're driving it's all smiles. Driving this thing never gets old. The steering feel and zero body lean are very satisfying and love the brutal acceleration. I have gotten a couple of easy 3.21s and 3.25 sec 0-60's withOUT a 1ft rollout. 2.9s With rollout. This was using Dragy. The car also "whirs" like some kind of spaceship on acceleration.

I am not even going to mention the built in security cameras, and all the amazing tech inside. I now find filling up fuel to be such an annoying chore.

I used to blindly hate Tesla with a damn passion. I hated what they stood for. Taking away fun enthusiast cars from the car community. Once I drove one I was blown away. This has been by far my top favorite car that I've driven and I've owned over 30 cars. This is a BMW forum so I know the Tesla hate will be abundant.

RECENT PAST: 2016 F80 Austin Yellow (6MT) / 2017 F80 Atlantis Metallic (DCT-ZCP) / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Focus RS/ 2017 Shelby GT350 / 2018 Audi TTRS / 2018 Raptor Crew Cab / 2020 X3M Comp
Appreciate 0