2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Hydrogen is not the endgame. The physics behind it dictate that it needs more volume than batteries, to produce the same amount of energy.
Funny you tout that advantage. I'm not sure you're on the right side of the facts...

Hydrogen used in fuel cells has an energy to weight ratio ten times greater than lithium-ion batteries. Consequently, it offers much greater range while being lighter and occupying smaller volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Do you really expect people to have hydrogen in their garage? Everyone has electricity there. Sure, you may need some 'upgrades'. But that's a few thousand dollars and a qualified electrician. Not an 'explosive gas line' upgrade.
No. With refueling hydrogen being so quick, the number of people installing hydrogen refueling stations in their home would be about the same as people installing gasoline refueling stations in their home. The point is quick, public hydrogen refueling works for people that find charging an EV at home impossible. Plus, your scenario points out a "few thousand dollar" disadvantage EVs have.