03-31-2020, 11:35 AM   #41
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Funny you tout that advantage. I'm not sure you're on the right side of the facts...

Hydrogen used in fuel cells has an energy to weight ratio ten times greater than lithium-ion batteries. Consequently, it offers much greater range while being lighter and occupying smaller volumes.
There are many studies that conclude that a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle uses 2-3x the energy to drive the same distance vs. BEV. Volkswagen has a very thorough study published driven by data:
https://www.volkswagenag.com/en/news...-question.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
No. With refueling hydrogen being so quick, the number of people installing hydrogen refueling stations in their home would be about the same as people installing gasoline refueling stations in their home. The point is quick, public hydrogen refueling works for people that find charging an EV at home impossible. Plus, your scenario points out a "few thousand dollar" disadvantage EVs have.
You assume that hydrogen fueling stations will be as ubiquitous as gasoline stations. Even today, electric car fueling stations are nowhere near that, as such fueling will have be augmented somewhere i.e. your home. Ask anyone who has experienced the convenience of "refueling" at home... there is no joy in going to a gas station. Plugging in overnight and waking up to 100% range when you want to is a terrific convenience.
Appreciate 1
Soterios575.00