Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by "LogicalApex;28495776"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TiMSport;28494858"
Does BMW actually cover that oil change after 1200 miles? As we know, the M340i and G80(for example) are quite different in terms of the engine. Maybe it's presumed owners of M cars are harder on the engine/drivetrain?

Anyway, I am going to trust that the BMW engineers know what they're doing and get my first oil change when the car tells me to.

BMW covers all scheduled maintenance for 3Y/36K miles. So the 1.2K mile and the 10K mile change would be covered.

Since it is all based on CBS and free the OP should just drop it off whenever the car asks for it. Since is it based on driving and other factors the car decides. For instance, my 530e has 1Y/10K intervals in the manual and now CBS is suggesting 1Y/11K miles (likely due to me doing more and more on electric).

If it wants a change ever 2K miles let BMW foot the bill

Dealer by me will even pick it up and drop it off to you when done. Loaner included if needed...

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/bmw-value/bmw-maintenance/ultimate-care.html
BMW will not cover the 1.2k oil change unless it is a M car OR it has been one year since your last oil change and you only put 1.2k miles on it.
Appreciate 0