View Single Post
      08-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Do you want to quit smoking?

I think I have found the solution for my nasty habit. I have smoked a pack a day for a long time. Quitting cold turkey did not work for me. The cravings were unbearable not to mention the attitude I developed after the second day. This was about 6 months ago. One of my buddies, who was a pack a day smoker, told me about Chantix(varenicline). It is made by Pfizer. I was skeptical that a pill would work. I researched it and there are some great testimonials about it's success. I got the prescription about 2 weeks ago. You start with 1/2 mg once a day for 3 days. Then you go to 1/2 mg twice a day. I am now taking 1mg twice a day. There was slight nausea when I went to the 2mg's a day. Wild dreams are another side affect. The first night I was on the drug I dreamt of a pit bull attacking me along with some other weird ones. I have been smoking less and less. This morning I made it through coffee with out a smoke...:rocks:. This is usually the toughest time. I normally have 3 or 4 with a tall coffee. It is 8:30 am CST and I have had 1 smoke. I feel like I am going to make it with the help of this drug. It basically blocks the craving signals from reaching your brain. You eventually wean yourself off them completely with out the crap that goes with cold turkey. I bought some patches a while back and they are still sitting in the kitchen. I highly recommend this to any one who really wants to quit.

Last edited by gonzo; 08-14-2007 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0