View Single Post
      12-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #223
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
That's a good question, but I would say Kap didn't save his coaches job this year.

Harbaugh has been described as a short termer since he was hired. He has a rep for being difficult to deal with (sort of like Parcels).
When you can't get a deal done after you go to the Super Bowl and three NFC championship games, it's more than this one season.
When you look at long term coaching regimes, its more than just winning. Ownership, management, and coaching all need to be able to function together. Kap has easily won enough to keep any coach from being fired unless there is something else going on.

Many of the teams issues (lack of WR production, wasting timeouts, slow to get plays off, and bad challenges) were there when Alex Smith was QB.

I agree Kap needs to improve, but no way is it all on him.

One last thing, the 49ers are kidding themselves if they think they are going to get a bounty by trading Harbaugh. He controls if the trade goes through and he is the type who will coach out his last year or force you to fire him before he cripples his future team by giving up high picks. I would love to get inside accounts of what really happened in the building.

This, x1000. Anyone remember deion sanders saying he had an inside source about the undoing of harbaugh a couple months back? Would love to know who that was.. but we never will.

It's kinda like that whole drama with Percy Harvin, people said he got into a fight with tate the day before the SB, and NOBODY said anything. which is insane, imo. Esp, the day before the SB. All of a sudden he gets cut, people are wondering why, then they start saying he was a cancer etc... But there was zero information to go off of.. that story/trade still boggles my mind of how sneaky it was.
Appreciate 0