Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Are you referring to Audi dropping the program recently?

I believe Audi highlighted the manufacturing locations of many of the models outside of Germany as justification for terminating the program (just like you can't ED an X car built in South Carolina).

I bet the Audi program headwinds were compounded by the participation rate.

As a member of PCA, BMW CCA and ACNA, I was surprised to see how small the membership of Audi club is compared to Porsche and BMW. PCA claims 130,000 members and BMW CCA reports 75,000 active members. ACNA hovers around 10,000 and I believe that's including Canada.

Anecdotally, Porsche and BMW forums seem full of ED journals but the Audi comps (audizine and Audiworld) don't have near the volume of Euro Delivery threads.

I know this is a broad statement but I'd argue Audi trails BMW and Porsche in enthusiast following hence a lower likely take rate on European Delivery.

Audi also terminated the program previously before the most recent iteration was reinstated in 2006.

Like the M track days and the performance center schools, I suspect (and hope) that BMW looks at any financial cost to run ED as a marketing and brand loyalty expense.

Fingers crossed the program lives on....especially with the discount component.
No. I'm referring to the drop in incentive from 7% to 5%, and even more importantly to the allocation cutoff, where most ED cars are now coming out of dealer allocation and not separate as before. It completely kills the discount they are willing to give, and it also reduces the number of dealers willing to do Euro Delivery in the first place. And, no rebates at all for ED. I think I saved $5k-$7k more on my 2015 ED M3 compared to the 2018.

Plus, logistically I had the hardest time getting my ED set up last summer, with a friendly dealer and nice recommendations all around. No allocations, no discounts whatsoever. It's never been like that before.

Overall, it points out to BMW decontenting the program, making it less attractive to the end user. These can be imminent signs of death.
I hear you on those trends but I still hold out hope that BMW would consider European Delivery outlay as a loyalty expense in a similar fashion to the CCA rebate.

I don't know many folks in BMWCCA or on Bimmerpost with one (or more) ED trips that wouldn't consider BMW near the top of the brand list when shopping for a new car. It works.

Porsche is a zero discount ED option and, like BMW now, cars come out of dealer allocations. So while there is no stated cost for European Delivery when you order a car (unlike Atlanta or LA pickup), I've heard and found that dealers have less room to move.

Porsche openly holds the program as a part of the company's culture. Panorama (the club magazine) and the 356 Registry (vintage pre 911 Porsche model club) constantly feature stories of European Delivery trips for US buyers dating back to the 50's and 60's.

Mercedes still has up to 7% off if the discount is a major consideration. And Volvo will pay for your airfare plus some if Sweden is more your style.

Again I highly doubt BMW kills the program given the brand equity it creates and the remaining peer set alternatives (Porsche, Mercedes, etc.). But, to your point, they might continue to reduce the financial benefit.
Appreciate 0