MineralM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by methacrylate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by methacrylate View Post
Could anyone with 03/2020 software version tell me how many apps you have under "Installed Apps" in the iDrive?
Mine was updated to 03/2020 by the dealer when I took in for maintenance and now there are only 2 apps there, "BMW Assist" and "Intelligent Personal Assistant", and no Spotify under Media. Tried updating Apps and Services but no joy.
Just to update on this. I noticed that BMW Connected no longer showed up on my system and I can't add the car to ConnectedDrive portal, i.e. the security code never came.

Took my car back to the dealer and they performed a hard drive reset and apparently updated the software again to 07/2020.25. BMW Connected now shows up and I have Spotify as well as Android Auto (yay!). Both Android Auto and Apple Carplay show up under "Apps". Pairing Android Auto with my Pixel 2XL was very easy and I don't even have the app on my phone.

Here's a question: does anyone know if playing Spotify while in Android Auto mode uses my cell data? I'm assuming so since Android Auto is connected to the phone, while the Spotify in iDrive uses car's SIM data.
Where are you located? I did not know android auto was out yet at all!
Appreciate 0