View Single Post
      01-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #31
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Seems it would make more sense to call it a 430e or some 4somethinge than an i4. It looks nothing like the i4 "futuristic" concepts.
For the record, BMW has never called any concept car an "i4 concept" or otherwise used the i4 brand name in the name of any concept vehicle.

But, yes, CEO Harald Krüger stated that the i4 will look similar to the Vision Dynamics Concept shown back in 2017. Since this is just a test mule with early body work, wheels, and other parts, nothing prohibits it from resembling the concept once it reaches production form. Of course, it will not look identical to the concept, just as many concept cars never reach production in their auto-show form.

Furthermore, BMW has also said that future i-brand electric vehicles will use the CLAR-WE and FAAR-WE platforms, sharing their construction with ICE and hybrid vehicles. The latter will retain their familiar branding while electric vehicles will use the "i" prefix.

Gasoline 4 Sereis: 430i and 440i
Diesel 4 Series: 430d and 440d (contrary to hype, diesel engines are not yet dead)
PHEV 4 Series: 430e and 440e "iPerformance"
Electric 4 Series: i4 30e and i4 40e* (with the suffix denoting tiers across both range and power)

* "40e" and "30e" nomenclature is preliminary and could change for the final products
Appreciate 4
ted99242.00
Weiman153.50
otay826.00