View Single Post
      11-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #29
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
The dealership has now emailed me 3 times and sent letters about this "deal", even though IVe emailed them twice to tell them it's a downgrade. I'm 80% sure I'm keeping the M3, and if I don't it won't be for an m340.

Nothing wrong with that car, just really enjoy the full M cars much more. I've owned 2 M3s and several M sport vehicles.

There is maybe a 15% chance I turn it in and try to find a lease swap on an M3 CS and a 5% chance I hold out for the new M3. Still not loving the front of the new one, but the performance figures are pretty stellar.

My car is still at 23K miles, Bootmod3 and great individual paint color combo. I think it will hold its value much better than a new 340 since my buyout is roughly $52K.
M badged cars hold their value longer. It's just a proven fact. If they're willing to go above market, it might make financial sense to trade it in but it seems like you're happy. That is except you keep coming back to this thread to mull it over...

Did you test drive an m340? You can tune the B58 to be pretty powerful, but it's not an M. Test drive an X3M and feel out the S58 (G80) will drive.

If the only reason you'd change cars is because they're pestering you, then you should just ignore them. If you're genuinely curious, then go on some test drives... If you're not convinced and they're not falling over themselves with the offer (monetarily)... don't do it.