View Single Post
      03-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #29
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN View Post
After getting nowhere in email, I don't think the person responding was the sharpest, I spoke to BMW UK.
They agree that the service inclusive should run from date of first registration(I checked the terms and it states the same)
They said they will raise it with the correct department to be amended.
I queried that my first service is shown by the end of March or several thousand more miles and this seems to be linked to the incorrect dates, again, maybe when the ECU was fired up. My car was registered 8/6/20. It's always shown this March date from when I got the car. They stated it's condition based so that should be correct.
Im pretty sure that it is incorrect, I've only done 9k miles and surely it would be mileage condition based on telematics as opposed the date specific?
They said it can take two weeks to be rectified. I'll hold off on booking the service until then. Otherwise I'll just go with what is says.
She did state that the warranty is shown running until 7/6/23 but not sure if she just made this part up.
I reflected on this and came to the conclusion that as things like the engine oil have been sitting in the sump for almost two years it probably needs changing! So mines's booked-in for its first service later this month even though, like yours, it's only done around 9k miles.
Appreciate 0