View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #188
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Once everyone realizes that their opinions are just that then all can be well. Personally I think the X3 is boring and not attractive which is why I went X1 and now X2. I went X2 this time because the m35i is not available in X1 and I do actually like the way it looks. It's a GTi that can go off road a little, like mountain roads. I took the X1 down some forestry dept. roads to get to the AT and it did just fine. 10mm ain't that much lower and I suspect the X2 would do just fine as well.

My opinion on the Z4? Build a vert based off the 1 series and build a Miata competitor. It should be doable in a not much higher price range. Want a performance model, put an M35i engine in as an option and a regular b48 as standard. Nobody has ever out Miata'd a Miata and a 60k attempt is kind of silly.

I think cutting down models isn't a bad idea, there really are too many, I personally don't understand why the even Xs exist and that even includes my X2 but again, in my opinion it is the best looking for the even series.

Why have a 2 door 4 series when it's probably the GC that sells the most? Keep the 2 lump in the GC with the 3 series because the hatchback is cool and the GT was stupid. Maybe keep the M4 because it does serve a purpose.

Keep the 5, drop the 6, keep the 7 or give it up and let Rolls handle the "real" luxury.

Offer a base, an M-sport, a plug in hybrid, and an M on all the core models and a base and M-sport for the smaller production models and maybe a full EV for those.

Get rid of Mini if it really is tanking that hard.

There's my useless opinion.
Appreciate 0