View Single Post
      11-06-2020, 11:13 PM   #84
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Ahhh. I didn't do any cutting. I have the Viofo hardwire kit.
In my car, that box stays hidden inside the compartment under the glovebox. I hardwired it directly to the fuse box. I didn't use the rear view mirror tap.
But yes. You should be able to put it under the headliner. When you pull on the headliner, it actually separates quite a bit, allowing you to tuck it in.
Hi, I am confused about this 'voltage setting brick" (picture below-as seen in a previous poster in this thread) I received that voltage cut-off setting "brick" on my spliced hardwire cable to plug directly into the Cellink NEO... do you know why it would be required as I am not hardwiring it to a fusebox... I am just plugging the dash cam cable into the Cellink NEO and the NEO into the Cigarette lighter in the trunk... I don't know why I would need it- Because won't the parking mode sense the cigarette socket cut power off when I turn car off and enter the parking mode automatically even without the "brick"? If the brick is indeed needed I do not know what voltage to set it to cutoff as its going to be using the NEO to run the dash and will have power for hours on the NEO when parked. Sorry I'm really confused if they sent me the correct "Spliced" cable for the NEO...Thanks for your knowledgable input.

this is the "brick" I am talking about...
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1601677976.
Appreciate 0